Saturday, November 22, 2008

Just Desserts

Here is an equation that sums up my husband:
Turkey dinner + sports(football) = happiness

I like turkey dinner okay, but I'm more of a sweets person. And since I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year I get to make the menu, but I can't decide on which desserts to make. They all sound sooo good!

(I'd like to forget about entrees and sides and plan a week of just desserts!)

Of course I should probably make pumpkin and apple pies. But I feel so limited by tradition.

I really think the pilgrims would approve of this pie: And I am very thankful for chocolate.
Click here for the recipe.

What treats are you making for Thanksgiving week?

3 comments:

Kris said...

We're getting together with some friends but I'm in charge of the turkey/stuffing. I'm also making a little pumpkin cheesecake which strays a little from the norm. I hope it's good!

Becky said...

I made 3 pumpkin pies this year. The Libby's pumpkin recipe is really good. The "easy" can that has the spices in it isn't as good. I also made the whipped cream with 1 cup cream, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, and 1/2 t vanilla. It tastes way better than cool whip. I also made the raspberry pretzel jello and it was a hit! We had a fun celebration on Saturday! Isn't it sad that Justin has to work on Thursday? I hope you enjoy your feest! That pie picture looks divine!

Lahdeedah said...

I bought a Pecan Pie. My little Bear helped himself to the top crusty pecan layer one morning while we were all sleeping in.

He's learned first-hand just how good the early worms are...