Sunday, November 09, 2008

Fridge of Doom

After we got home from church I was getting some tortillas out of the fridge and noticed something sticky on the package. Uh-oh. It had been a while since I'd cleaned out the zillions of optimistic leftover containers, and I thought something had probably tipped over and spilled.

I'm not particularly a fan of cleaning out the fridge. In fact, I frequently feel that the fridge is sort of lurking over in the corner of the kitchen, full of dark secrets that I don't want to know about.

However, I have learned (from hard experience) that it's better to clean up fridge spills as soon as you spot them. So I started pulling things out to find the source of the sticky and realized it was worse than I thought. Not one, but two cans of soda had frozen and then exploded at the very back of the fridge.

Needless to say, I didn't get any writing done today.

3 comments:

Lynzee said...

Sorry about that... I hate big surprise messes to clean! I hope you're not planning on writing your book the whole time we're there... we're expecting some turkey and shopping!

RainyPM said...

Turkey shmurkey.

Did I forget to tell you that you're cooking the dinner this year?

Haha, just kidding. It doesn't actually take that long to do the writing if I just sit down and do it. I usually do about 700 words/hour when I don't get interrupted.

Of course, I pretty much always get interrupted.

Becky said...

That's the worst. By the way did you know that your brother has the best recipe for brining a turkey. He cooks up an awesome turkey and I'm glad that he does it for our thanksgiving dinners. We have invited 3 American families over for this year's feast. I'm excited!