Friday, November 21, 2008

Dear Stock Market

I know it's been a while since we last talked. What's been going on? I stopped by yesterday to see how you're doing and was really shocked at how awful you look.

It seems like you're having a rough time, but I would like to remind you about our agreement. You're supposed to give me a nice cushion like this, in case I ever need something to fall back on:

I thought things were good between us, and my cushion was coming right along. Maybe even respectable enough for us to visit my brother and his family in Belgium next Spring.


But yesterday when I stopped by, I saw THIS, and frankly, I am appalled. This kind of poor performance is unacceptable. I expect you to get your act together and stop messing around.


This is your last warning.

P.S. - Sorry I can't write more, but I have talk to the house about its lack of appreciation too. Seriously, what's wrong with you guys?

2 comments:

Francisca and Chris said...

LOL! I can tell you this, my relationship with my Roth is a no bueno these days... This is why my mother always said you were better off putting the money in your mattress. But even after the depression most stocks rebounded!

Lahdeedah said...

And wow, you don't want to full on that cusion!