Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Give us this day...

Today was beautiful but cold. Autumn is turning into winter so fast. It even snowed a little bit today!

I decided the day called for some good comfort food: Mom's minestrone soup and home-made bread.

It was the first time I've ever made a loaf of bread without a mixer or bread machine and it turned out perfect. I think I've had 8,709 pieces. Or 5. A lot, anyway. Can you see the butter melting on the bread? Can you see how perfectly it would soak up the soup?

Can you blame me for eating so much?

For dessert I had the creamiest, coldest eggnog from a local farm. It was so rich and decadent.

Xander's been refusing to eat baby food from a jar. Tonight I cut up the veggies in our soup and gave him minestrone mash instead. He loved it! I love the forehead carrot look.


It was a perfect day to usher in the cold weather.

2 comments:

Becky said...

This looks so great! I'm impressed with your domestic goddessness. Which recipe did you use for that bread? It looked really good. Good job!

p.s. We also love the baby Xander face!

Lynzee said...

That's a perfect fall blog. Makes me feel toasty and warm and happy seeing all you do for your family.