Sunday, July 09, 2006

Whole Foods

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/products/meat-poultry/qualitystandards.html

Finally, a place to shop for humanely raised meat! Organics are good and fine, and although I knocked them in a previous post, we actually had already made the switch to organic milk and yogurt (which imo, if you only switch to one organic thing, it should be milk, and if you only do it for one person in your family, it should be your daughter).

There are lots of places to buy organic food, but just because something is labelled organic, doesn't guarantee anything about how the animals were treated. It looks like Whole Foods is setting standards for compassionate treatment of animals, and has plans to do even more.

They're opening a store that I'll be driving by twice a day on my regular route, woot! I just hope it doesn't smell like a health food store. Whenever I walk into one I lose my appetite. I don't even know what it is, maybe the vitamins?

I'm also thinking about trying distilled water for a couple of weeks, but I'm still a little divided on that.

No comments: